Select to view content in your preferred language

Bookmark Organization ??? Treeview?

06-07-2011 06:37 AM
FrankRoberts
Occasional Contributor III
I???m looking for a way to organize bookmarks.  I have an end user that has a rather large geographic territory.  It would be nice if I could somehow organize them hierarchically/treeview,  such as state be able to expand to cities.  Anyone else done this?

Thanks and hope to see some of you at the UC,
Frank
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
NathanEnge
Esri Contributor
I�??m looking for a way to organize bookmarks. I have an end user that has a rather large geographic territory. It would be nice if I could somehow organize them hierarchically/treeview, such as state be able to expand to cities. Anyone else done this?

Thanks and hope to see some of you at the UC,
Frank

Frank have you been able to sort this out? I'm also looking for a way to nest some bookmarks.
0 Kudos
FrankRoberts
Occasional Contributor III
No, but it would still be nice!  I just haven't had the time to develop anything yet.  Seems like something we all could use....
0 Kudos
NathanEnge
Esri Contributor
too bad we never linked up in coeur d'laine.
i'm in nigeria now.
0 Kudos
ShawnHanna1
New Contributor
No, but it would still be nice!  I just haven't had the time to develop anything yet.  Seems like something we all could use....

I completely agree!  I need this functionality and really hoped somebody had been nice enough to program the customization.
0 Kudos
JojoLuberichs
New Contributor

Did someone find anything yet? I just scanned the ESRI pagers and couldn't find a solution. We would like to have the possivbility to organise the bookmarks and "my places" in a treeview style.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Frank & others,

Have you seen this widget? http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=df56092010f043589b6847b3f9cf0947

0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor II

Robert,

i think Frank is after the tree structure of your link widget but for bookmarks not links.

regards

anthony

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Anthony,

Thanks I did read close enough.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Frank & Others,

Well I felt kind of dumb when I posted the other day about my Link List widget and did not read that you were looking for a bookmark widget not a link list.... So anyway I started whip up an Enhanced Bookmark widget based on my Link List widget and the esri bookmark widget. Well it took a little longer than I wanted it to but I now have another widget to add to my collection for you. My enhanced bookmark widget uses a hierarchical data structure in a tree, so that you can nest or group bookmarks to have them easier to find and organize.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=720f032374c448189f48e71195e39c22