Select to view content in your preferred language

Autorefresh Attribute Table Widget

Jump to solution
03-10-2014 12:25 PM
JustinFultz
New Contributor III
Hello,

We have a table that refreshes every 5 minutes, and I would like to push those updates to the user in the attribute table widget so that they data updates while the table is open in the flex viewer.

If that isn't possible, can it at least be designed where the widget hits the table each time it closes and reopens, rather than only when the map extent changes. It seems like the data in the table is cached until the extent changes.

Currently at release 3.3 and Server 10.1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
JustinFultz
New Contributor III
I was finally able to get this working. I had to export my data to SDE (which I was hoping not to do for this project) so that I could create a feature service. I was trying to convert the map service layer to a feature service in the flex project, but I never go that to work correctly.

Thanks to Anthony for all of your help!
0 Kudos
JustinFultz
New Contributor III
How can I add the autorefresh property to the layer tag for layers added through the attribute table widget that aren't in the main config file. The timer that I have set only works if the layer itself autorefreshes and that isn't an option for the layers added through the Attribute Table config file.

Another way i could accomplish my workflow would be to force map services (rather than feature services) to refresh, which I have been unable to do. If this would be an easier fix I would be open to going this direction.

Thanks,

Justin
0 Kudos