Select to view content in your preferred language

Formatting Fields in Attribute Widget

Jump to solution
01-06-2014 07:53 PM
ReginaldoPaderon
Regular Contributor
I can not format the fields in the Attribute Widget.  However, the same dataset, I can do formatting in the pop up widgets.  In the Attribute widget, only the the DATE type field can be formatted ( with the pencil icon ).

I tried manually adding in the precision property in the field tag in the xml ( using pop up widget as reference ) to no avail.

I also tried changing the property of the field in the mxd and re-publishing the service but no effect.

Actually, not all records are affected.  I tried editing the field and re-entering the value, but still  no effect.

Dataset is in ArcSDE Enterprise Geodatabase ( Oracle 11g) and ArcGIS Server 10.2 in Windows 2008 Ent and ArcGIS Viewer for Flex - Application Builder 3.6

thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyGiles
Honored Contributor
Eggie,

Looking at the tag reference for the attribute table the field tag does not have a precision attribute like the popup does:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-viewer/concepts/index.html#/Attribute_Table_widget_tags/01m...

Regards

Anthony

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Honored Contributor
Eggie,

Looking at the tag reference for the attribute table the field tag does not have a precision attribute like the popup does:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-viewer/concepts/index.html#/Attribute_Table_widget_tags/01m...

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
ReginaldoPaderon
Regular Contributor
Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your reply.  I did saw that Reference Tag for Attribute Widget. And you are right, precision tag is not there.  But I thought, if you can format a Date field in the Attribute Widget, why can't you a numeric field.  So it was like just trying , nothing to loose anyway.

But still, I believe that you should be able to format the all the field data types the same way for Pop-ups.  Or perhaps it is simpler than I thought.

Thanks again, Anthony.

Eggie
0 Kudos
OlegLukyanov
Occasional Contributor
I have scale 2 for  numeric fields in my ArcSDE database and ArcMap table display 2 decimal digit after colon (precision). But some of records in Flex 3.6 Attribute fields display more decimal digits, for example 

6,150000095367432 vs 6,15,
6,599999904632568 vs 6,6.

Is it a bug?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
KevinHofmann
Emerging Contributor
I'm having the same issue.  I have a field with a precision of 2 and a scale of 1.
It would be great if the attribute table widget had a precision tag.
0 Kudos
OlegLukyanov
Occasional Contributor
I'm afraid ESRI don't read our thread :(.
0 Kudos