ArcGIS Video Server with linearly referenced pipeline data?

11-28-2023 07:57 AM
MarkusSchlager1
Esri Contributor

Hi all

Does ArcGIS Video Server also work with linearly referenced videos stemming from pipeline inspection done in water/wastewater pipes?

If so, do I understand it correctly that, in addition to ArcGIS Video Server, there is always some form of client needed, i.e. ArcGIS Excalibur? Could a client for a partner solution also be built based on the ArcGIS Maps SDK for JavaScript? With a quick search, I could not find a module in the SDK-reference.

Thanks for any feedback! Much appreciated!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomMerhige
Esri Contributor

Hey Markus,

To help answer your questions:

Does ArcGIS Video Server also work with linearly referenced videos stemming from pipeline inspection done in water/wastewater pipes?

• Yes, as long as it is of the supported video file type. Depending on the type of metadata within the video, the geospatial telemetry information available will be determined. If you have sample data/video you are willing to share and any information on the workflow you are trying to accomplish, I'd be more than happy to take a look and help test your workflow in ArcGIS Excalibur.

If so, do I understand it correctly that, in addition to ArcGIS Video Server, there is always some form of client needed, i.e. ArcGIS Excalibur? Could a client for a partner solution also be built based on the ArcGIS Maps SDK for JavaScript? With a quick search, I could not find a module in the SDK-reference.

• As of this time, yes a client is required. At the initial release, this client is ArcGIS Excalibur. In future releases, it will be ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS AllSource with additional clients such as the Web Map Viewer and other web apps on the roadmap.  In terms of third-party apps, this is on our roadmap to be able to support, but the initial support will be Esri client apps.
MarkusSchlager1
Esri Contributor

Hi Tom

Thanks for the swift response, I will update my EPN-partner and ask him to describe his workflow in more detail!