Using Waze in Velocity

2 weeks ago
NateRogers1
New Contributor

I am trying to convert Waze Jams coordinates into something usable in velocity. There is a helpful blog here

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-velocity-questions/create-line-geom-from-coords/m-p/1226887#M10...

but the issue is when I add the arcade expression in the calculate field tool within velocity, I cannot click OK to exit out of the tool. Is the calculate field tool the best option or has anyone found a better way to convert the line attribute from Waze Jams into something visual?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PeterNasuti
Esri Contributor

@NateRogers1 Thanks for reaching out - without any images or additional info I would suggest that you log a support case with Esri Support Services. You can also email me at pnasuti@esri.com and I can get myself or another team member to help you resolve the issue you are facing.

We are working to try and add a "Waze" feed type for the Velocity 5.2 release which would handle all this automatically and configure geometry for the users. Stay tuned for more updates on that closer to early June.

0 Kudos
NateRogers1
New Contributor

After contacting ESRI Support, they came up with this workflow which worked, the Waze lines are now showing up on my map. This is a great work around until Velocity 5.2 comes out.

1. Open Calc Fields tool
  2. Add field calculation > Geometry
  3. Click "Configure an Arcade expression"
  4. Replace "line" field value with a sample like [{"x":-76.994331,"y":38.997245},{"x":-76.993972,"y":38.997253},{"x":-76.993751,"y":38.997286}]
  5. Paste the expression from the blog
    1. https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-velocity-questions/create-line-geom-from-coords/m-p/1227561/hig...
  6. Click run. You will get the error the user is encountering
  7. Click Ok to close the Arcade expression window
  8. Click "GCS WGS 1984" and choose another projection like the first "Anguila.... 2000"
  9. Click this dropdown again and switch back to "GCS WGS 1984" found easily by searching 4326
  10. Click "Configure an Arcade expression" again to reopen that interface
  11. Click Run in the top left, it will now evaluate successfully, Click Ok
  12. Click Add field calculation

Thanks to ESRI for their support!