Select to view content in your preferred language

Stream Service from Velocity went down this morning

06-18-2024 12:33 PM
MuneerMajid
Occasional Contributor

I have had a Feed running without any issues for months in Velocity, this feeds uses Azure Event Hub as an input and I can see that features are coming through just fine without any issues under the metrics. Event Hub also looks pretty healthy in Azure. 

Since about 9 AM CST, I am seeing that the stream service in ArcGIS Online that's linked to this feed is down. The feature layer linked with this feed seems to be receiving partial data, but the actual stream in AGOL errors out. 

MuneerMajid_0-1718738934325.png

MuneerMajid_1-1718738973113.png

MuneerMajid_4-1718739071943.png

MuneerMajid_3-1718739051195.png

Chrome developer tools show the below errors -

MuneerMajid_5-1718739183797.png

Any help or inputs will be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PeterNasuti
Esri Contributor

@MuneerMajid Please make sure to log an Esri Support case for this issue for tracking from our side.

Is this issue appearing with just one feed/stream service or multiple?

0 Kudos
MuneerMajid
Occasional Contributor

Hi @PeterNasuti , I have had an incident open for this. It seems support restarted the service in the backend, but that didnt resolve the issue. They came back to me and asked that I recreate the service but no investigation on this issue has been provided. I have a real time analytic that also started crashing quite randomly after its been working steady for weeks. 

As of now there is only one Stream service with this issue although feed is the one that we based all our analytics off. So its really affected us in a big way.

0 Kudos
PeterNasuti
Esri Contributor

@MuneerMajid We were just reviewing this internally on the Velocity team. This was a software defect specific to feeds with spaces in the title. When these feeds are edited, there is a URL issue introduced (the spaces are originally replaced with underscores, however the issue is that this is changed when it should not be.

This bug will be resolved with the 5.2 release that will go live tomorrow evening 6/25/24. Unfortunately in the case of existing feeds, the feed will need to be recreated to revert to having a correct URL. The support analyst on your case will be reaching out with additional details.

0 Kudos