Select to view content in your preferred language

WaterSubnetLine is emtpy after creating first Subnetwork tier

Jump to solution
10-11-2022 02:30 AM
StefanStamenković
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I'm using ArcGIS PRO 2.9 and I'm creating my first UN instance.

I managed to set terminals, subnetwork controllers etc. I even made it to create System Subnetwork by Updating Subnetwork and successfully run some tracing analysis, but for some reason my subnetwork doesn't show up in WaterSubnetLine - table is empty so there is nothing to be visualized.

Is there any suggestion what can I do about it? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StefanStamenković
Occasional Contributor

Hello,
Just wanted to share with the community solution for this issue - after some external consultations I managed to solve it.
In order to declare certain part of the network as a subnetwork, elements (lines or points) that create the subnetwork have to be it's valid parts. In this particular case I was trying to create subnetwork in Water System tier, and the lines out of my System supposed to consist were Water Main / Transmission Main (Asset Group / Asset Type) water lines. While checking out valid Water System elements by using function Set Subnetwork Definition, I found out that this combination wasn't listed in Aggregated Lines For SubnetLine Feature Class filed, and it's supposed to. After adding this combination to the mentioned list and Update Subnetwork function my Water System appeared.
In my case such edit was acceptable, but my suggestion would be to learn about valid subnetwork elements for every tier in Water UN Dictionary.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GrahamWood-HWC
Occasional Contributor

I think you need to validate your subnetwork 1st

once you have that you will either have a whole bunch or dirty areas of some subnet lines

0 Kudos
StefanStamenković
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I did it multiple times for whole extent - no errors in network, everything seems to be clear, but there is still the same issue. 

I don't know if this info helps, but the only place I'm able to find any clue of network's existence is when I go Utility Network / Subnetwork / Find (Subnetwork) / Filter / Subnetwork Table and do the filtering, it appears in the table above as it should. But that's it, I update it successfully and it still doesn't appear in appropriate attribute table.

0 Kudos
StefanStamenković
Occasional Contributor

Hello,
Just wanted to share with the community solution for this issue - after some external consultations I managed to solve it.
In order to declare certain part of the network as a subnetwork, elements (lines or points) that create the subnetwork have to be it's valid parts. In this particular case I was trying to create subnetwork in Water System tier, and the lines out of my System supposed to consist were Water Main / Transmission Main (Asset Group / Asset Type) water lines. While checking out valid Water System elements by using function Set Subnetwork Definition, I found out that this combination wasn't listed in Aggregated Lines For SubnetLine Feature Class filed, and it's supposed to. After adding this combination to the mentioned list and Update Subnetwork function my Water System appeared.
In my case such edit was acceptable, but my suggestion would be to learn about valid subnetwork elements for every tier in Water UN Dictionary.

0 Kudos