Select to view content in your preferred language

Validation Service option is missing when trying to share UN from Water Network Solution in Pro 3.3

Jump to solution
05-15-2024 03:28 PM
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

I would like to share the data from Water Utility Network Solution (custom data not the sample data), but when I open the Sharing dialog I am missing there the option for Validation Service - 

VHolubec_0-1715811813573.png

Wouldn´t you have any idea, where to look to I would be able to publish is correctly? What settings I could miss? Data should be set correctly:

VHolubec_1-1715811947796.png

Thank you for any tips!

Vladimir
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Make sure you've met all the criteria for sharing dataset with attribute rules. The two most common problems I see are that the error layers are missing from the map being used to publish the service, or in some cases, the datasets being shared don't have any attribute rules configured. If in your custom model you have removed all the validation attribute rules then you will not have an option to enable the validation capability (you will also not have the ability to add the error layers to your map).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Before we dig too much deeper, the map you're using to publish your feature service should not include subtype group layers. Services published in this way have a number of known issues with them that cause various tools and popups to not display information properly.

The validation capability on the service refers to the ability to evaluate attribute rules and requires that you publish a service with error layers (the greyed out piece you referred to above). The "Add Error Layers" command isn't enabled on branch versioned data database connections, only on branch versioned services. In your case you will need to manually add the error layers to your map.

RobertKrisher_0-1715814451809.png

By adding these layers to your map, that option will become available (assuming you've also met all the other prereqs).

RobertKrisher_1-1715814625859.png

Managing dirty areas and running the "Validate Network Topology" command are a capability of the utility network that is automatically added when you publish a feature service that includes a utility network.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Make sure you've met all the criteria for sharing dataset with attribute rules. The two most common problems I see are that the error layers are missing from the map being used to publish the service, or in some cases, the datasets being shared don't have any attribute rules configured. If in your custom model you have removed all the validation attribute rules then you will not have an option to enable the validation capability (you will also not have the ability to add the error layers to your map).

0 Kudos
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you @RobertKrisher, for answer, by Error layers do you mean the Errors/Dirty Areas created with Enabling Topology or the Error layers which can be added from TOC from the Asset group subtype? 

The latter mentioned is greyed out in my case. But all the rules should works, I kept the default - just import custom Asset package created based on the default one

VHolubec_0-1715813059080.png

But the editing errors in the map (before the topology is enabled - the errors raised by running the Enable Topology with option to show errors only) worked fine, as well as the validation - run by the enable topology tools again, so I hope everything should be fine there.

Vladimir
0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Before we dig too much deeper, the map you're using to publish your feature service should not include subtype group layers. Services published in this way have a number of known issues with them that cause various tools and popups to not display information properly.

The validation capability on the service refers to the ability to evaluate attribute rules and requires that you publish a service with error layers (the greyed out piece you referred to above). The "Add Error Layers" command isn't enabled on branch versioned data database connections, only on branch versioned services. In your case you will need to manually add the error layers to your map.

RobertKrisher_0-1715814451809.png

By adding these layers to your map, that option will become available (assuming you've also met all the other prereqs).

RobertKrisher_1-1715814625859.png

Managing dirty areas and running the "Validate Network Topology" command are a capability of the utility network that is automatically added when you publish a feature service that includes a utility network.

VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you @RobertKrisher, give me a day or two please, I deleted all and starting everything from scratch and I won´t go directly from AssetPackage, but via Single User FGDB prototype to migrate data to Services without errors in topology.

Vladimir
0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Actually ... at ArcGIS Pro 3.3 and ArcGIS Enterprise 11.3 you should be able to check the validation box without the layers in the map. Doing so will actually cause an analyzer error that tells you which layers are missing and gives you a context menu option to add them to your map.

RobertKrisher_0-1715952407852.png

See example below

RobertKrisher_1-1715952489939.png

0 Kudos