Select to view content in your preferred language

Validate Network Topology Errors

Jump to solution
07-28-2023 01:26 PM
NehaPatel
New Contributor

It generates the error when, try to validate topology for entire extent on Branch version. In addition, I removed all dirty area and there was no error after reconciling the branch version it shows the 4,242dirty areas. 

Please let me know how to resolve these errors, thank you!!

NehaPatel_0-1690575540870.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyRyanEQL
Regular Contributor

You either have to decrease your extent or increase the service timeout to allow it to run longer 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnthonyRyanEQL
Regular Contributor

You either have to decrease your extent or increase the service timeout to allow it to run longer 

RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

@AnthonyRyanEQL  is correct about the timeout issue.  With regards to the dirty areas re-appearing when you reconcile, this is the expected behavior and as long as you are confident the contents of your version were valid before you reconciled you can post your version (then validate the dirty areas in default). It takes a little getting used to at first, but it's common for customers to have a process that automatically validate these dirty areas after they are posted.

This is mentioned a few places in the online help, but I prefer the explanation in the Dirty Areas help section: 

When a version is reconciled with the default version, dirty areas that exist in the named version will remain and dirty areas are created from edits generated by the reconcile process. Likewise, when edits from a named version are posted to the default version, dirty areas are created for edits that were made in the named version. This includes edits that were previously validated in the named version.