Validate doesn't validate "Error" dirty areas.

08-04-2022 07:39 PM
EC1
by
New Contributor III

Hello, 

I am setting up a Utility Network Model.

I am using FME to push data into the model via a web feature layer. In this circumstance there were originally errors (small dirty areas) along the blue line, which were fixed via inserting required features to meet network topology rules. 

When the smaller dirty areas were initially flagged, the selected line was also flagged.  Now the other errors have been fixed, this blue line should not be flagged as an error anymore, as the issues have been fixed. But even when trying to validate the UNM thinks there is nothing wrong and does nothing:EC1_0-1659665438492.png

To fix this issue I am currently doing this, which is a very tedious and slow process:

EC1_3-1659666497731.png

I edit the vertices on the point with the red arrow, simply by clicking, draging and putting it back to its original position, after that the error area is now a dirty area:

EC1_6-1659666790759.png

and now it can be validated.

EC1_5-1659666643358.png

This seems to be a major bug in the utility network model. This issue is chewing up a large portion of users time to fix. 

Is there a way to do this quicker? I have tried turning network topology off/on, refreshing the connection and restarting arcpro. The errors remain as the Utility Network Model validate does not seem to realise they exist until I manually edit and refresh that dirty area. 

Please help, or fix this bug.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Raise this issue through Esri Inc Support. We are having similar issues and working with Esri Inc UN dev team to solve. What's version of UNM & Enterprise are you on. I'm currently using ArcGIS Pro V2.7.4 with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 with UN Patch 6 using UNM V3.

Good luck

EC1
by
New Contributor III

ArcPro 2.7.1, how do I find my UN version? I think I am using UNtools 2.7. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I often have the issue where I validate and the dirty area doesn't go away. To resolve this, I open the attribute table, zoom to one of the dirty areas, and validate. Sometimes I have to do this one by one, or sometimes I do a couple and then zoom out and can get the rest to validate together. 

EC1
by
New Contributor III

In this case zooming/validating without me editing it results in 'no dirty areas found', as you can see in the first picture. Its quite annoying! 

0 Kudos
PhilLarkin1
Occasional Contributor III

@EC1  Did you submit a tech support ticket and did you come to a resolution or bug report?

0 Kudos