Select to view content in your preferred language

SubnetworkName population logic for "Open" devices

Jump to solution
08-15-2024 08:09 PM
EstherSmith_Dev
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I have a question about the logic used when populating SUBNETWORKNAME attribute.

We have electric distribution Utility Network. As for any electric dist. network, we have "Tie Devices" that sit between two circuits/feeders with device status as "Open". Utility Network Update Subnetwork tool populates SUBNETWORKNAME for tie devices as "Feeder_ABC::Feeder_XYZ" which is great.

However, I would like to know the logic on how the order of the subnetwork names for tie devices is determined. Is it based on the order of execution of "Update subnetwork" tool, i.e. first value set when first subnetwork is updated and the second value after "::" when second update subnetwork is executed? In above scenario, Feeder_ABC is first value before "::" separator because Update Subnetwork for "Feeder_ABC" is executed first (or last)?

Or is it dependent on the terminal with lower terminal id as first subnetwork name and higher terminal id as the next name?

I tried few scenarios but couldn't determine the logic.

We have downstream ADMS system dependent on the order for feeder IDs and changing / swapping can cause some trouble in ADMS.

Thanks,

Vish

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

I am pretty sure it is the order in which the subnetworks are updated, you cannot rely on the order.  I would suggest in your export to ADMS, to split on double colon, sort the values and reapply them.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

I am pretty sure it is the order in which the subnetworks are updated, you cannot rely on the order.  I would suggest in your export to ADMS, to split on double colon, sort the values and reapply them.