Select to view content in your preferred language

Subnetwork Trace stops at associations

09-26-2022 12:10 PM
TobeyKane-Seitz
Occasional Contributor

Hi all - I'm running into an issue when trying to run a subnetwork trace working with storm water data. I have a small subnetwork set up, and the trace runs, but stops when it reaches the first manhole configuration with associations. The trace should continue through the associations to a point where I manually split the line to designate a small area to work with.

General notes about my setup

- I am working with a file gdb utility network, and have successfully set my subnetwork controllers, validated the area, and have updated the subnetwork.

-There are no dirty areas in the extent I am working in

-The subnetwork still shows "isdirty: true"  after running the update subnetwork tool since the manage isdirty is set to false.

-Running a connected trace shows that everything in the area is connected properly

-I am working with pro at 2.9.4 and do not wish to upgrade any further

Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Find connected does not honor terminals.  So I would start there.  Ensure the terminals and terminal paths are set correctly on that feature.  Is the Terminal Path set to Default?  If so, what is the default terminal path assigned to that terminal configuration?

0 Kudos
TobeyKane-Seitz
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply! I believe the terminals are set correctly, and the terminal path is set to default. Can you expand upon your last question?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

This is one example, where the default path is None, so it is essentially a barrier

MikeMillerGIS_0-1664296695529.png

0 Kudos