Select to view content in your preferred language

Subnetwork saving error.

Jump to solution
07-31-2023 11:32 AM
NehaPatel
New Contributor

I got a save edits error [UN_143_Subnetwork] after creating and Update subnetwork. This error occurs while working on file geodatabase and couldn't find any online solution particular this error thus mentions on community page.

NehaPatel_0-1690827497885.png

Thank You!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

There are a few things in step 3 that caught my attention.

1. Because you have copied all your data to a file geodatabase you should be referencing the utility network in your local database and not the utility network in your portal connection. Make sure all your data, maps, and tools are pointed to your local database and repeat this procedure.
  2. Running update subnetwork can only be run when all your edits are saved, and it will automatically save edits after it completes. The fact that your Save Edits button is enabled after running Update Subnetwork is unusual, but for the time being just focus on making sure you're only editing and updating your local file geodatabase.
  3. If you do continue to experience issues, please log a case with support so they can assist you with your problem.

You can find a collection of articles that cover a wide range of 'expected' unusual errors in the Managing Topology with ArcGIS Utility Network and Managing Subnetworks with ArcGIS Utility Network learn series.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you include the exact steps you took to receive this error?

0 Kudos
NehaPatel
New Contributor

For practicing purpose, I used copied data and those data stored in file geodatabase, and I was taken following steps are listed below:

1). Removed all the dirty areas and save edits, validate topology making sure no dirty area exist.

2). Create Subnetwork for one of the treatment plants using "Modify Controller tool" from UN Data ribbon and again press the save edit buttons. As the subnetwork created and display in Subnetwork table which open using "View" option in UN ribbon.

3). Then applied "Update Subnetwork" tool on existing subnetwork (Recently created) and used portal database connection. The tool ran successfully and then want to save updated subnetwork and press the "Save" button from Edit ribbon but appears error message [UN_143_Subnetwork].

I want to know why this error occurs and how to resolve.

I appreciate that you continuously posting blogs/articles/resources related to Utility Network however it would be great if publish some blogs related to unusual error and how to fix that.

Thank You !!

NehaPatel_0-1690899753095.png

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

There are a few things in step 3 that caught my attention.

1. Because you have copied all your data to a file geodatabase you should be referencing the utility network in your local database and not the utility network in your portal connection. Make sure all your data, maps, and tools are pointed to your local database and repeat this procedure.
  2. Running update subnetwork can only be run when all your edits are saved, and it will automatically save edits after it completes. The fact that your Save Edits button is enabled after running Update Subnetwork is unusual, but for the time being just focus on making sure you're only editing and updating your local file geodatabase.
  3. If you do continue to experience issues, please log a case with support so they can assist you with your problem.

You can find a collection of articles that cover a wide range of 'expected' unusual errors in the Managing Topology with ArcGIS Utility Network and Managing Subnetworks with ArcGIS Utility Network learn series.

0 Kudos