Select to view content in your preferred language

Question on Upgrade Asset Package Tool - Utility Network Package Tools - UN 7

06-19-2024 01:16 PM
rlyding
New Contributor III

Hello looking for some information on if I need to run the Upgrade Asset Package Tool. I am working with the following workflow in ArcGIS Pro 3.3. With our upgrade to UN 7 we are staging a new UN enterprise geodatabase. The idea is to export out the current UN 6 using the Export Asset Package tool with data included to preserve the current data and schema. Make a few needed schema updates in the asset pack that were missed after topology was enabled. Then run the Stage Utility Network on new enterprise geodatabase in Pro 3.3 so it will be UN 7. Then run the Apply Asset Package with the asset pack that was exported from UN 6 with include data checked on. Question I have, looking at the version info of the asset pack that was exported from the current UN 6 it is saying the asset pack schema is version 3.1. Should I be running the Upgrade Asset Package Tool on the asset package? Does this override any schema changes I have made? Is it necessary to run this before applying the asset pack to the new staged UN 7? What is actually updated when this is run? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan  

0 Kudos
0 Replies