Select to view content in your preferred language

multiple editors in utility network

Jump to solution
02-13-2024 04:35 PM
joecastellana
New Contributor II

Hello (again) all,

After some advice around managing multiple editors in a branch version utility network model.

Each editor will have various jobs (varying time and complexity) to complete each day. All edits are made in their branch version and each editor manages posting their edits to default (validate/reconcile/post/etc).

Is there any "best practice" advice regarding the posting process?

We currently use a massaging chat group where each user will message when they are posting and when done, but this is not 100% reliable and could result in an editor waiting 10-20min for another editor to complete their work. Also we see instances of dirty areas being assigned to editors that were not working on those features which can cause some confusion - Im thinking this is related to having several users in default simultaneously.

Has anyone seen/used a process that is a bit more robust? I have thought about a single user posting edits done by others (so that user would have access to all branch version), or allocating certain times of the day where each user can post. Any advice appreciated.

tia

10 Replies
joecastellana
New Contributor II

Thank you Marcelo, that makes me feel a little more at ease 😉
We are still new at working with arcgis so I am sure these instances will reduce over time as we improve our workflows.

edit to say we generally avoid editing in default unless necessary.

0 Kudos