Select to view content in your preferred language

Is it possible to Deploy the Solution from ArcGIS Online and then create the utility network in ArcGIS Enterprise?

Jump to solution
09-11-2024 02:47 PM
CherylTrine
Frequent Contributor

I have ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2.  We will be upgrading to 11.3 in a few months, but in the meantime I want to work with migrating my data into the asset package from the Water Utility Network Essentials.  Essentials is not available in 11.2 so I cannot deploy it via the Solutions app, which only shows me 11.2 compatible solutions.  I can deploy it from ArcGIS Online.  So my question is, can I deploy it from ArcGIS Online, get my data migrated into the asset package, and then, once we upgrade to Enterprise 11.3, create the utility network?  Or do I need to start with an asset package from an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment?  Is there a difference in the asset packages from ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

The asset packages available on the solutions site are the same, regardless of whether you deploy them to AGOL or ArcGIS Enterprise. In your situation, you would deploy to AGOL, download it locally then work on your migration to the asset package locally.

I would recommend you also deploy your asset package to a local mobile geodatabase for testing and quality assurance purposes, allowing you to refine your source data and process while you wait for ArcGIS Enterprise to be upgraded.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

The asset packages available on the solutions site are the same, regardless of whether you deploy them to AGOL or ArcGIS Enterprise. In your situation, you would deploy to AGOL, download it locally then work on your migration to the asset package locally.

I would recommend you also deploy your asset package to a local mobile geodatabase for testing and quality assurance purposes, allowing you to refine your source data and process while you wait for ArcGIS Enterprise to be upgraded.

0 Kudos
CherylTrine
Frequent Contributor

Thanks.  I was thinking that was the case, but wanted to make sure before I put a lot of time into it.

0 Kudos
CashEddy
Occasional Contributor

Hi Cheryl,

We have also done this without any issues. I agree with Robert’s comment to refine in an MGDB or FGDB until your environment is upgraded for a smoother transition.

Esri has really done a great job outlining the process along with the free learning modules to help make things easier.

Embrace the journey!

RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

The collection of articles/tutorial to help out water customers can be found here: Learn ArcGIS Utility Network for Water Utilities

The master collection of all the industry playlists can be found here: Getting started with ArcGIS Utility Network

0 Kudos