Select to view content in your preferred language

How to migrate the geometric Network Electric data to Utility network?

Jump to solution
02-02-2024 12:14 AM
Angiex__1
Occasional Contributor

I am having geometric network electric data, where i should have to migrate it to the Utility network, where i am stuck is that I don't know how to organize the Geometry network's feature classes to corresponding Asset Groups and Asset types in Utility network. As the words in the GN are different of that of the UN and i am finding what if i group them wrongly. Any suggestions or help that are recommended here?

0 Kudos
20 Replies
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm not sure whether you meant to say 2 million or 2 thousand, but either way, it shouldn't take 15 hours. I recommend you open a case with support so they can see what is causing the issue (hardware, configuration, etc).

0 Kudos
Angiex__1
Occasional Contributor

@RobertKrisher the subnetwork controller update worked, But i came across another doubt, In the GN we have a single way flow whereas in the UN we have two way flow for the water network, so my question is, will the UN trace be similar to the GN trace?

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

The utility network calculates flow for water distribution systems using subnetwork controllers (pumps, towers, etc). Because water distribution systems are highly looped, and the actual flow varies based on the time of day, this is a more accurate way of tracing. If you perform an upstream trace it will show you the path(s) to all the pressure/water sources in your network. If you perform an upstream trace it will show you all the features downstream of your that location.

0 Kudos
Angiex__1
Occasional Contributor

@RobertKrisher I made an error with creating the subnetwork, ending up making the whole region as the subnetwork , so if i have to make a particular region alone as a subnetwork i have to close all the valves that are closer to the region and update the subnetwork?

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

@Angiex__1 You should only close or open a valve in the GIS if it's that way in the field, artificially closing them to try and reduce your network size compromises the integrity of your data. Water systems and gas systems can sometimes be quite large since they can contain multiple cities or entire regions, and everything that receives water or gas from the supply is part of that system.

If you have concerns about modeling such large subnetworks, your other option is to just focus on creating pressure zones, since they tend to have more manageable sizes.

0 Kudos
Angiex__1
Occasional Contributor

@RobertKrisher So creating different pressure zones will let me configure the specific area where I wanted to run the trace with respect to the subnetwork controller?

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

@Angiex__1  When you run a trace that uses subnetworks it will perform the trace/analysis using the subnetwork controllers from that tier for the area you are analyzing. An easy way to know whether your trace uses a subnetwork is if you need to select a domain and tier, this is your way of telling the system which tiers' subnetworks you want to analyze.

0 Kudos
Angiex__1
Occasional Contributor

@RobertKrisher right now the issue im facing is that, i have to make atleast 2 subnetwork controllers, whereas when i made one subnetwork controller with the tier pressure 3000, the whole area takes up that tier and i just want only a partial region to take up that tier. But the whole area is included in the downstream trace.

Angiex__1_0-1711345891026.png

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

@Angiex__1 You need to identify ALL the regulators associated with that pressure zone and turn them into subnetwork controllers for that pressure zone. Once you've done that, the subnetwork will be properly constrained by its controllers. If you do now know which regulators belong to which pressure zones, you will need to talk to someone with a better operational understanding of your dataset.

0 Kudos
Angiex__1
Occasional Contributor

@RobertKrisher Yes I figured out where i made the error, its in setting the terminal of the subnetwork controller and i have cleared it and it works perfectly, and also i have a doubt in reconciliation in branch versioning, is it mandatory for reconciliation to have enterprise version of 11.2 and advanced editing extension?

0 Kudos