Field Length Error Applying Asset Package to Enterprise Database

10-07-2021 05:15 AM
SMW_GIS
New Contributor III

Hi. I'm trying to apply an asset package to an enterprise geodatabase and running into this error shown in the screenshot. I've checked both fields in each feature class, and they're both 64.  Not sure what is happening here. Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LoganSuhr_PSE
New Contributor III

This looks like a UN version issue.  You are running untool 2.8.2.  Which means that you need to be on version 5 of the UN.

The documentation is here:

https://solutions.arcgis.com/utilities/help/utility-network-automation/tool-reference/apply-asset-pa...

Hope that helps!

SMW_GIS
New Contributor III

Thanks for your response. Really appreciate it. I went and  checked and it looks like my UN is in version 5 already. 

Untitled.png

MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

This field should be 2000 characters.  How did it get to be 64?  Are you applying this asset package to a new UN or one that has been around a while?  

0 Kudos
SMW_GIS
New Contributor III

Hi Mike. This is a new UN that was staged using untools 2.8.2.  I'm trying to apply an asset package from version 2.7.  I tried upgrading the asset package and it said it was already at the latest version.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Any chance you could send me the asset package and the target un so I can see what is going on? mmiller@esri.com

0 Kudos
SMW_GIS
New Contributor III

Hi Mike. Unfortunately I'm not able to share the project work we have. I heard from our ESRI rep that it is a known bug that they're looking into.  Thanks for your input though.

0 Kudos