Error visualizing Utility Network layers in the Map Viewer

Jump to solution
05-19-2022 10:37 AM
xyz_AL
by
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm trying to publish a webmap on my portal enterprise (10.9.1) in order to use the Trace widget for Utility Network in the Experience Builder (via js API).

The publishing process from ArcGIS Pro (2.9.2) of my map with the UN service layers and trace configurations finish with no errors but when I try to open the webmap in the Map Viewer all the layers have errors in the loading process (by the way, if I open the same webmap from within my ArcGIS Pro portal connection, all the layers are visible and queryable).

xyz_AL_0-1652980699814.png

If I publish my UN layers from ArcGIS Pro as a versioned feature service everything works fine and the webmap shows all the UN layers and their symbology.

Please, can anybody help me to understand what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

What you are seeing is likely caused by your web map containing subtype group layers.  Subtype group layers are available in Web Maps because they are supported in mobile apps built using the latest ArcGIS Runtime. The web map viewer doesn't support subtype group layers yet.  If you publish a web map that uses regular layers instead of subtype group layers those errors go away.  You will find examples of web maps without subtype group layers in the Utility Network Foundation that you downloaded with your asset package.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

Does your webmap include subtype group layers? You can publish a webmap with subtype group layers and use it with Pro or Runtime, but the Map Viewer does not yet support them.

--Rich

RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

What you are seeing is likely caused by your web map containing subtype group layers.  Subtype group layers are available in Web Maps because they are supported in mobile apps built using the latest ArcGIS Runtime. The web map viewer doesn't support subtype group layers yet.  If you publish a web map that uses regular layers instead of subtype group layers those errors go away.  You will find examples of web maps without subtype group layers in the Utility Network Foundation that you downloaded with your asset package.