I've published some Utility Network data to our portal. But when I try to add this published Utility Network to a new map in ArcPro I get this error...
If instead I try to add just one layer such as the Assembly layer, I get a slightly different error...
I can view the layers just fine in the map viewer. But I assume that's using the Map Image layer, not the Feature Layer. ArcPro can view the Image layer but gives these errors on the Feature layers. I am unable to find any logs or messages anywhere that would point to any specific issues that I could research. As seems to be usual for ArcPro and the UN, errors happen but there's little to no information about why and you're left spinning your wheels.
This is similar to the error I posted about in The value type is inconsistent with other associated value types. But I never got anywhere with that and these errors are slightly different so I thought I would start a new post. There is one or two other pretty old posts asking about a similar error. Nothing has any concrete information to work off of. I just need ANYTHING that could help me understand what it is that ArcPro is having issues with that I could dig into. I will likely have to fall back to my only option and rebuild a brand new server and start from scratch.
I've seen this happen before as well. I can see the layer in Pro in my Portal connections but when I add it I get the same message. I've had to overwrite the original feature service to get past this issue. I'm not sure exactly what causes it, but I"ve resolved it in my env. by overwriting the service.
Yeah, for a time, I was leaving my feature service there while I reload the data and then just overwrite the service with my updated data. But sometimes, it seems that the feature services does some checking with the data which can then interrupt the loading process. So I always remove the layers first, then reload, then publish the map again. Doesn't matter now as the layers are gone. So I don't have the option to overwrite them.
Yes, I've checked the logs. I have not been able to find anything being logged at the time I get this error. It would seem to be ArcPro that is having the issue, not the service. So nothing is logged for the service. I tried putting ArcPro in diagnostics mode but I wasn't able to find anything that indicated any error in that either.