ERROR: Insufficient permissions when trying to add UtilityNetwork service to ArcGIS Pro project

02-08-2024 10:47 PM
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Hi all,

I have successfully published the Utility Network service to an ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 deployment running on HANA 2 SP07 geodatabase using ArcGIS Pro 3.2.1 or ArcGIS Pro 3.1.3. All of this is running in AWS on Windows Server 2022 EC2s. Portal named user was the 'UtilityNetwork Owner' and the sde connection to the UNOWNER user in the HANA geodatabase.

My next step is to create an ArcGIS Pro package that contains the map to allow of users to edit the Utility Network. When I add the feature service to a blank map within ArcGIS Pro, I get this error.

AnthonyRyanEQL_0-1707460149804.png

And the error as seen in the server logs (debug level enabled) that is from the UtilityNetwork server site (we have different server sites for workload segregation). These 2 pics show the whole log entry of that error.

AnthonyRyanEQL_1-1707460507137.png

AnthonyRyanEQL_2-1707460557283.png

When I tried to add the service in ArcGIS Pro, I was logged in as the UtilityNetwork Owner account in portal.

The config store for the server site is located on a file share and the authenticated user (service account) as full control permissions.

Has anybody seen this issue before?

I was able to do this in a previous PoC environment using Enterprise 11.1 & Pro 3.1.3 and the only thing I can think of that might be causing the issue but don't know where is that the environment has had OS hardening applied.

Thank you for your time with this.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

I used fiddler to look into the REST api calls a bit further to find the error message being returned is a little different to what the application is displaying. From there, I used SQL Tracing in HANA and found the error is coming from 'SDE.UPDATE_COLREG2’ procedure from 2 if statements. All of this is from SDE being created using ArcGIS Pro 3.2.x (eg. enable enterprise geodatabase gp tool)

This issue doesn't occur when creating SDE using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.x

I am putting together the information to pass onto Esri Inc support

Hope this helps

0 Kudos