Electric network trace widget

05-25-2020 01:43 AM
SurajJha1
New Contributor III

Hi every one I want  to know , if ESRI Utility Networl electric widget is available in Webapp builder or not. If there is any any supporting link available please share.  THanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Suraj,

There is no widget for Utility Network available in WAB. It's only supported within ArcGIS Pro at the moment. Web editing, tracing, etc are on the roadmap but no timelines at the moment. Enhancements to the JS API, etc are required first to support the utility network.

0 Kudos
PrevinWong1
Esri Contributor

We have a developmental widget to trace the Utility Network here for you to try and use. GitHub - Esri/solutions-widget-utility-network-trace: A widget to perform tracing for the ArcGIS Uti... 

You will need to use this as custom widget in your ArcGIS Enterprise (10.6.1 or later) or with Web AppBuilder developer edition.  This widget was made to show the ability to trace over the web in a web application.  It will not be part of the core WAB widgets, but you are free to extend this widget to fit your needs.

We are currently starting to work on a trace widget for ArcGIS Experience Builder.  This will be a fully supported widget in that platform.

VishApte
Esri Contributor

Hi Previn,

Thanks, we have used this widget and extended it for our purposes. Do you know if this Widget will be rolled into WAB anytime? There are few suggestions / improvements that we would like to make...

Thanks,

Vish

0 Kudos
PrevinWong1
Esri Contributor

Vish,

The widget will remain the proof of concept and will not be rolled into core WAB.  The fully supported trace widget will be targeted as part of Experience Builder.  If you have suggestions and improvements, please add them as issues in this repo
GitHub - Esri/solutions-widget-utility-network-trace: A widget to perform tracing for the ArcGIS Uti... 

We will be starting the development soon, so please add the comments so we can take them into account and evaluate them.

Thank you,

Previn

MinionWare
New Contributor

Hi @VishApte ,

I am trying to add this widget to WAB but when I try to do so, it tells me that there is some issue with the setting. I have tried adding it in WAB versions 2.9, 2.11 and 2.16. As of now, there is no network layer configured with it. I am only trying to add the widget to WAB.

It would be of great help if you could point me in the right direction with this, if I have missed any step or any configuration.

This is the error that I get while adding the widget.

Utility Network Trace Widget - Error.png

Thanks,

Smita

0 Kudos
VishApte
Esri Contributor

To add a UN widget to Web App, you need a web map with at least one layer from a feature service that has UN topology layer included. E.g. if you are working with Water network, your web map needs Water Device or Water Line layer from a feature service that also includes Water network. 

0 Kudos
srinivasrao1
New Contributor

Hi, this is for water and let us know if this works for Electric as well if there is UNM for electric feature service available.

0 Kudos
PrevinWong1
Esri Contributor

Yes, it will work with Electric.  It is a generic trace widget that takes in the ArcGIS Pro UN Trace GP signature.  So what runs in Pro should run in the widget with a very few exceptions.

0 Kudos
HarithaVendra
New Contributor II

Hello Previn,

Thanks to you and your team for developing this widget. I am assuming based on your responses above that you will not be updating this widget, and the focus is on the experience builder widget. Do you have a time frame of when the widget will be available with experience builder? 

Sincerely,

Haritha