Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing Utility Network Service in a web app creates spike in SYNC GP service requests and leads to service failure.

05-13-2024 05:59 AM
rohanrajan_hms
New Contributor III

I have been trying to add features to published utility network service through editing in an experience builder application, every time I add a new device, the contingency rules prompt to fill appropriate data to certain attributes. But even when I add valid values, the IsSubnetworkController field remains throwing contingency error and could not add the feature. Simultaneously this creates spike in SYNC GP service requests and leads to service failure. BUT "MapViewerClassic" adds feature with no problem. and ArcGIS Pro works well on the same service layers too. 

Q1. What is the difference between the three editing scenarios (ArcGISPro, MapViewerClassic, MapViewer/Experience Builder widget) 

Q2. How is the Edit session connected to SYNC GP Service and what could have caused the request spike even when trying to insert a single feature.

Q3. Is there any specific procedure to execute edits apart from creating versions.

@RobertKrisher Is there any direction you can point us to?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Rohanrajan

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Those are some very broad questions, but since none of this is utility network specific you be better served in posting these questions in some of the more specific communities (data management, experience builder, etc).

At a high-level, each platform edits the same dataset using the REST endpoints but each application is built using a different set of APIs. Each platform has a similar editing experience, but they all differ slightly because of the APIs they use and the nature of the environment they run in.

I wouldn't expect creating a feature using experience builder to call a GP tool, but I also can't tell which service you are referring to.

From an end user perspective, editing data doesn't strictly require any procedure. You can directly edit branch version data directly, without creating a version because the applications will handle managing all the correct operations and transaction. Procedures get more complex depending on the requirements for quality assurance surrounding the workflow. If you try to create your own GP tool, python script, etc to programmatically edit data then you will need to mimic these behaviors.

0 Kudos