Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot take UN map offline in 11.1

11-18-2023 07:39 AM
DasheEbra
Occasional Contributor II

I conducted research on taking the Utility Network (UN) offline and found that offline editing is supported in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1.I completed all the prerequisites, including publishing the UN registered as a branch version with sync and VM enabled.

According to Esri's workflow, after publishing the UN service with sync enabled, I created a Web Map and added the service to it. Following that, I went to Web Map settings, enabled offline editing, accessed the advanced options, and cannot found offline capabilities, which include three options for UN services (Edit, Trace, Simple). 

However, I encountered the following issues:

1. The UN service is published on my ArcGIS Enterprise, and I can perform online edits/traces using ArcGIS Pro. Still, when attempting to download it to a mobile geodatabase, a simple feature class is created without the UN dataset, negating the UN concept. (as it was in previous versions prior 11.1.

2. When adding the UN service to a Web Map, I tested three scenarios with no success:

1. In ArcGIS Pro > Catalog Pane > Portal connection: I copied the URL of the published feature layer (used for UN edits) and paste it into the new Web Map, resulting in an error as shows below.

DasheEbra_0-1700320830302.png

Figure1 error while paste UN service URL from ArcGIS Pro to Web Map.

2. Using the Feature Access URL (REST URL) from ArcGIS Server Manager displayed all layers in the Web Map but lacked the UN dataset layer (the Utility Network Dataset Layer was missing). Additionally, the offline capabilities section in doesn't exist, as shown below.

DasheEbra_3-1700321326658.png
    3. Attempting to add the UN service directly in the Web Map resulted in an error stating, "There was an error."

I am sure that everything is configured correctly. And here's my environment:
1- ArcGIS Pro 3.2 Advanced.

2- SQL Server Database 2017

2- ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 (with required patches) as follows:

DasheEbra_4-1700321911350.png

2 Replies
MoSaket
Esri Contributor

Hi @DasheEbra:

As a first consideration, it's worth noting that certain types of associations may not be supported for offline edits.

Regarding the 'Offline editing' section in the Advanced Options, please check the following:

1. Confirm that the user has the appropriate User type and Extension to perform offline edits & map settings.
  2. Ensure that you have followed the instructions outlined in the blog.

If the issue persists, it may be beneficial to provide additional details or steps for further troubleshooting.

Sincerely,

elsaket
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

@DasheEbra ,

Have you edited the config.js file on your Portal machine has documented in this blog post (in the section titled "How to configure the utility network's offline capability")?

--Rich

0 Kudos