Select to view content in your preferred language

Automatic tracing from multiple start points, exporting the results as json

Jump to solution
04-19-2024 01:20 AM
JohnGoat
Emerging Contributor

Hi all,

I have 150 Low Voltage Service points for which I have TracePoints1 printed in the General Notes area. At these points, I want to produce separate json by doing upstream traces for each of them. After throwing a flag at each of these starting points one by one, it will produce json, then the first flag will be cleared, it will move to the next point, throw a flag there and produce json. The process will repeat this way for 150 starting points. How can I do that?

I want to get the AssetID parameters of the circuit breakers by generating json from 150 starting points.

I want to make a process automation for these processes from the points I marked on the map. How can I do these things with Python?

PS:

• For now I'm working on Mobile gdb
  • ArcGIS Pro 3.1.4
  • UN 6
0 Kudos
17 Replies
JohnGoat
Emerging Contributor

yes I have the featureglobalid field, and I saw that there were records with null values. When I calculated the empty records with Field Calculate, I completed the process without any problems.
Thank you for your interest @MikeMillerGIS
I thing If the featureglobalid field is empty, it would be better to look at the globalid field.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

I would suggest just removing the FeatureGlobalID field.  It was needed in an earlier version, is no longer needed.

0 Kudos
JohnGoat
Emerging Contributor

Hi again @MikeMillerGIS I hope you are well

I generate json using the Features result type parameter, the json content in screenshot number 1 gives me this.
I want to get the fields I specified in the json results as in screenshot number 2.

How can I do that ?

thanks,

json Result.jpg

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

You need to generate a trace configuration that has that information.  The Add Trace Configuration tool currently does not expose that information, so you need to create a Trace with Feature Output and define the fields, and use the Trace to Trace Config tool to create the Trace Configuration as this uses Import Trace Configuration and will create a trace config with the feature field and network attribute information.

0 Kudos
JohnGoat
Emerging Contributor

@MikeMillerGIS wrote:

so you need to create a Trace with Feature Output and define the fields, and use the Trace to Trace Config tool to create the Trace Configuration as this uses Import Trace Configuration and will create a trace config with the feature field and network attribute information.

I don't understand what I'm supposed to understand, can you explain it in more detail Mike?

The add trace configuration tool only provides Selectin and Aggregated Geometry options. Does not allow field define

JohnGoat_1-1721809014154.png

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

You cannot use Add Trace Configuration.  Use Trace and fill it out as you want.  Then use the Trace to Trace Configuration tool in the UtilityDataManagementSupport toolbox.  This uses the python syntax from trace and converts it to a Trace Configuration

https://esri.github.io/Utility-Data-Management-Support-Tools/docs/3.3/Trace2Config.html

0 Kudos
JohnGoat
Emerging Contributor

Hi @MikeMillerGIS 

Thank you for information,

I created a trace with Feature Output and define the fields. Then I was able to create a Trace Configuration with the Trace to Trace Config tool. When I try to run this configuration, I get this error. The configuration contains field definitions and the directory path information where to extract the json file.

JohnGoat_0-1724141786933.png

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

What version of pro/enterprise?  Do the server logs or the ArcGIS Performance monitor provide any more details?

0 Kudos