Select to view content in your preferred language

Apply asset package to Structure Network feature classes

05-20-2024 09:53 PM
rohanrajan_hms
New Contributor III

I created a new utility network using "Stage Utility Network" tool, it creates a new dataset and a new utility network with Structure Network with it by default. When I use the "Apply asset package" tool, I want the schema of both Structure and Domain networks to be applied to the empty utility network. So, I check both the Domain networks in the list.

But I encounter this error.

ERROR 002580: The asset type domain is already assigned to another class or asset group.

What am I doing wrong?

Is there any way I can add apply asset package to my structure network without creating duplicates

ArcGIS Pro Version: 3.2.2

Asset Package : Water_Distribution_Utility_Network_FoundationV1_3, ElectricUtilityNetworkFoundationV2_2

Any help would be most appreciated

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AnthonyRyanEQL
Regular Contributor

I would test this in ArcGIS Pro 3.1.x or 3.3 which are associated to the Long Term Supported versions of ArcGIS Enterprise 

Announcing the 2024 Network Management Release Plan (esri.com)

0 Kudos
rohanrajan_hms
New Contributor III

Tried it with 3.1.x too. But it did not work.

Same set of errors

ERROR 002580: The asset type domain is already assigned to another class or asset group.
WARNING 000952: Failed to execute (AssignDomainToField).

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Can you post more details.  Screen shots?  Did you modify the structure network at all after Stage?  

0 Kudos
rohanrajan_hms
New Contributor III

Actually this happens when I am using the Apply Asset Package tool in a model that creates a GDB, stages a UN, Applies Asset Package in a sequence.

The Apply Asset Package tool worked fine when run separately "at some instances". Fails when I include the Structure Network in the domains. 

These are the gp_calls log files of the Apply Asset Package tool I ran on same dataset (Water_Distribution_Utility_Network_FoundationV1_3) No changes made to asset package.

gp_calls_failed.log - Failed inside the model

gp_calls.log - Worked separately.

My problem is that it is inconsistent and fails even when run separately outside the model sometimes.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

We have seen this when you run apply and have maps in a project.  Especially active maps.  There is a corruption that occurs.  We suggest running apply asset package in a pro project with no maps.  

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

This is BUG-000157937 and was fixed in 3.3 btw.  

0 Kudos
rohanrajan_hms
New Contributor III

I do run Apply Asset Package with all maps closed. Because it is explicitly mentioned in the tool document.  Even then it fails.

Anyway, Since it is a bug. I will have to move to 3.3. And the Asset Packages for UN7 are not available yet (If yes please direct me towards it). 

Thank You.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Simply closing a map does not work, you need to close and restart pro.  Once a map is open, it is always open in that pro session.

You do not need a new asset package, just use the one you have on 3.3

0 Kudos
rohanrajan_hms
New Contributor III

Oh Okay. Thank You. But apparently, I would need Enterprise 11.3 as this suggests.

Solved: Re: Apply Asset Package on UnTools/Pro 3.3 require... - Esri Community

0 Kudos