Apply Asset Package failure

03-23-2022 05:26 AM
DasheEbra
Occasional Contributor

Dears I have an issue with Apply Asset Package script (tool) while working on Utility Network:

A.Messages

ArcGIS Pro 2.9.2.32739
untools 2.9.1
Executing from ArcGIS Pro, 2 map(s), activeMap = True
Parallel processing enabled: 6
Asset Package schema version: 2.4

B.Erros:

ERROR 000110: Electric Generation Station does not exist
ERROR 002824: Something went wrong in Polygon/Polyline simplification.
Failed to execute (SetSubnetworkDefinition).
ERROR 001958: No valid asset group was found.
WARNING 000952: Failed to execute (AssignDomainToField).El_Saket_1-1648037295443.png

My environment:

Pro 2.9.2 
Enterprise: 10.9.1 (with UN extension) with ArcGIS solutions Deployment 10.9.1 from myesri.com.
PostgreSQL DB: 12.4
untools: 2.9.1 (Last version)
dltsolutions: 2.4 (Last version)  & (v2.7.1)

I have tried the following scenarios and none of them works:

1- Upgrade dltsolutions to last version (2.7.1).
2- Downgrade Pro to 2.9.0 & untools 2.9.0 & dltsolutions 2.7.1.
3- Applied Upgrade Asset Package tool on the input Gdb.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

I am not sure what is going on here.  Something is not being applied correctly.  Did you start with a new postgres gdb or was this an existing GDB?  I see you have maps open, we have seen where these create locks on the Utility Network and cause corruption.  Can you close all the maps, restart pro and apply the asset package to a new Postgres database?

0 Kudos
DasheEbra
Occasional Contributor

Hi @MikeMillerGIS , thanks for your reply,

I have a File gdb with UN Schema, and want to convert (Load) it into Enterprise gdb, and I follow some ESRI's steps which starts with these untools (Scripts):

1- Stage Utility Network.
2- Apply Asset Package. (the Issue).

Also I downgrade ArcPro for second time from 2.9.0 to 2.6.0 with ([untools: 2.6.0] & [dltsolutions: 2.7.1]) and issue still exist.

and about your workaround (re-open project without layers) I tried I also have tried it.

0 Kudos
JerradDringman1
New Contributor II

Did you ever find a work around for this issue? I'm having the same issue and have seen a few other posts with no solutions given.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

There is a known issue when the pro project has maps in it.  Can you try with a Pro Project with no maps in it?

0 Kudos
JerradDringman1
New Contributor II

Last thing I just tried is opening a blank Pro document, add just in my connections in and ran apply asset package. So far, always the same error. It gets to the UpdateSchema tool and gives errors of "ERROR 001958: No valid asset group was found. and also WARNING 000952: Failed to execute (AssignDomainToField).

It works going to an empty GDB but fails on the PostgreSQL db.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Is this a brand new PostGres GDB?  If it works to file gdb, just use copy and paste and put it in the the EGDB

0 Kudos
JerradDringman1
New Contributor II

Yep. Brand New PostGres GDB. I'll try the copy/paste method and see if i run in to any issues. 

I have these Utility Networks up and running on my DEV stack. Just trying to migrate them to Production by >>> Staging a Utility Network >>> Apply Asset Package generated from the Dev versions. I'm open to all options. 🙂

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

If you do the same process to a Mobile or File GDB, does it succeed?  In the asset package folder, there is a ap_workspace folder, can you send me the gp log file?  Could you send a schema only asset packge or UN that I can try to repo the issue? mmiller@esri.com

What version of postgres are you on?

0 Kudos