Select to view content in your preferred language

Apply Asset Package Error

Jump to solution
Tuesday
SusanONeill1
New Contributor III

I was able previously to stage a UN and apply an asset package, but my first attempt didn't include all the fields I want to carry over from our existing geometric network.  So I created a new asset gdb that includes all the UN-required fields plus my appended fields and then tried to apply the new asset package to a new staged utility network gdb. I'm getting the errors shown below.  Since the b_rules table is not user-created, I'm thinking that I'm missing an attribute in one of the asset feature classes, but I've compared the asset package that worked with the new one and I can't find the discrepancy.  Any ideas on why this error would occur?  Thanks.

ApplyAssetPackageError.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Regular Contributor
7 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Regular Contributor

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-solutions/latest/tool-reference/utility-network-package/upgrade-ass...

This will add any missing fields to the asset package tables (A, B, C, etc).

rohanrajan_hms
New Contributor III

Is there any way to add all necessary fields without upgrading? So that I can use it in Versions less than 3.3

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Regular Contributor

You would just run the tool in the lowest version of Pro that you want to support (presumably 3.1.x).

0 Kudos
SusanONeill1
New Contributor III

That did get me past the error, but I had a few hurdles after that.  It appears that when I added fields to the FME script, somehow the output no longer had M and Z values enabled.  So it looks like if / when I have to rerun the script I have a few errors I need to fix first.  Thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos
rohanrajan_hms
New Contributor III

This could be because of the Network Rules you have. In a valid Asset Package, there must be at least one Network Rule (Connectivity Rule). 

0 Kudos
SusanONeill1
New Contributor III

I've made a lot of progress but I am still getting one error when I run "Apply Asset Package".  The error I'm getting says that I'm missing the field supportedsubnetworkname in each of the datasets in the asset database, but that field does exist.  I've double- and triple-checked a bunch of times, tried making sure the field values were set to the appropriate value(s), and compared as much as possible with the older asset db that was successful.  I also eliminated all rules except one just to make sure the rules weren't causing any problems.  Please let me know if you have any other ideas of where I should look.  Thanks.

W:\Technical Services\Engineering Support\GIS\Technician_Folders\Susan\UtilityNetwork\UN_20240620\AP_Workspace3\xml\SewerDevice_1_Fields-Subtypes-CV.xml:3
ERROR 000728: Field supportedsubnetworkname does not exist within tableWARNING 000952: Failed to execute (AlterField).

0 Kudos
SusanONeill1
New Contributor III

I can't believe this, but I was grasping at straws and I changed  the field's  alias from subnetworkcontrollername to "Subnetwork controller name" and it worked.  Doesn't seem possible, but having the alias being subnetworkcontrollername the same as the field name was causing the error.

0 Kudos