Anyone have problems with Advance ArcMap Settings?

02-21-2020 09:41 AM
FranciscoAlvarez
New Contributor

With ArcGis 10.8 Pre release I could not run the Advanced ArcMap Settings utility, receiving a message that says:  ArcMap is not installed.  Cannot execute this utility.  Since I assumed Version 8 would arrive soon enough I made no changes requiring the utility.  I just installed Version 8 and I get the same message.  ArcMap is certainly installed and runs, but the utility does not.  Does anyone have any ideas?

8 Replies
MargaretMaher
Esri Contributor

I apologize to all of you for this issue.  This error messege is caused by BUG-000129099 in ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.  There is no workaround for this issue at 10.8, so the solution until 10.8.1 is released will be to back up to 10.7.1. or other earlier version of the software.

Again, my apologies, and to all of you, keep safe.

AndrewThompson2
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have successfully edited the windows registry to implement a change to the Advanced Settings Utility default values. I added the "RotateWithTransform" option and set the value to "0".

This could be a temporary work around.

Andrew

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

We would never install a pre-release

Good practice is to only upgrade after a release has been out for awhile or after .1 has been released.

DavidRobertson
New Contributor

Thanks Margaret. Getting to the advanced settings is an important part of our workflow, so the sooner this bug can be fixed the better for us.

0 Kudos
Theamai
New Contributor

I have also ran into this problem, please fix soon!

0 Kudos
AlexanderGray
Occasional Contributor III

the documentation also lists 10.7 in the regkeys

0 Kudos
MargaretMaher
Esri Contributor

Hello, All,

Note that the discussion below pertains to a patch for AdvancedArcMapSettings for 10.8.   I hope this will be helpful to you, please let us know via this forum link if you have any further problems, or if you have maintenance, create a case and let us know.

The ArcGIS Desktop 10.8 Advanced ArcMap Settings Patch B version is now live on the support site. The URL is:

https://support.esri.com/en/download/7799

The patch was re-released to address:

June 8, 2020: A “B” version of the ArcGIS Desktop 10.8 Advanced ArcMap Settings Patch has been released to fix an issue where, in certain specific machines, trying to launch the AdvancedArcMapSettings would not work. It specifically addresses this issue:
BUG-000129099 - Trying to launch AdvancedArcMapSetting for ArcGIS for Desktop 10.8 prompts error message "ArcMap is not installed. Cannot execute this utility"

Margaret Maher

Esri Support Services

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Patch worked, thanks Margaret!

0 Kudos