Anchor Guy Features and Subnetwork

08-27-2019 04:45 PM
KevinKirkwood
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm having an issue running Pro 3.3 with 3.3 patches and 10.6. I have a Utility Network and none of the Anchor Guy features will update with a subnetwork. All Anchor Guys have Structural Attachment associations with the poles they are on. The Poles all update with a subnetwork but the Anchor Guy features associated with them will not. I have verified that Structural Attachment Rules exist for all Pole Asset Types and the Anchor Guy Asset Type. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kevin,

In your case,

• the pole to the guy is a structure domain network. 
  • the guy is directly attached to the pole.  so its association status is set to "attachment", and the pole's association status is set to "structure".
  • UN trace tool result only includes those structures (association role set as "structure") where the electrical network directly attached to it via any electrical Junctions or Devices or Assemblies. 

In my opinion, you can't achieve the desired results (subnetwork population in anchor guy) as current UN release does not support trace across the domain networks. In a future release of UN, you might achieve it by use of attribute propagators.

Good Luck.

Manoj

KevinKirkwood
New Contributor III

Manoj,

Is there another way around this? Our client want's to have the subnetwork information populated on these features. 

Logically, wouldn't it make sense that the Guy is an attachment on the pole?

I could see this being an issue for many other utilities as well.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kevin,

Please get in touch with UN product team.

John Alsup‌ 

0 Kudos
KevinKirkwood
New Contributor III

I'll try to seek them out over the next few days at the ESRI GeoConX conference. Thanks.

RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

The expo is open today, but not tomorrow.  Stop by when you can.  

KevinKirkwood
New Contributor III

I didn't get a chance to stop by today but my client had replied to ESRI Support and they informed them that these features should trace and opened a bug ticket. Thanks.

0 Kudos
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

Kevin-

It’s not that simple.  Send me your cell phone at rruh@esri.com and let’s try to hook up tomorrow 

—Rich