Add fittings back to the Stormwater Data Model

12-07-2021 03:23 PM
Joshua-Young
Occasional Contributor III

For some reason fittings were removed from the Stormwater Data Model at version 4. They were under Stormwater Junctions. Clean Outs were also removed from Stormwater Junctions but they were added to Stormwater Devices. The current data dictionary for 10.9.1 still does not have any reference to fittings that I can find.

Please add fittings back to the Stormwater Data Model. Maybe it could be similar to how fittings are setup in the Sewer Data Model?

2 Comments
RemiMyers

Hi @Joshua-Young 

The Stormwater Foundation model (along with the other Foundation models) is provided as a starting point for your network configuration.  You can find an overview of how to add features such as fittings in the online documentation (found here). If you have additional questions or feedback please feel free to contact me.

Joshua-Young

Hi @RemiMyers 

Thank you for the link, and adding the fittings back into the model manually is what I will have to do at this point. However, I still do not understand why the fittings were completely removed in the first place. Fittings seem like a common asset that should be part of the foundation of any utility data model, so I am a little confused why Esri removed fittings from the Stormwater data model entirely.

To try to maintain future compatibility would it be better to copy the schema of the Water or Sewer fittings? I am looking at the two data dictionaries and I expected them to be almost identical but the asset type codes and fields are definitely different.