Select to view content in your preferred language

The Electric Utility Network Foundation Model - Common Terms used in Electric Industry

07-17-2023 10:11 AM

The Electric Utility Network Foundation Model - Common Terms used in Electric Industry

This Slide deck contains common terms and their industry standard definition or explanation which are used in the electric industry that are necessary to understand the complete Esri Electric Utility Network Foundation model provided by Esri Solution Team.  This will be the first in a series of documents related to the Esri Electric Utility Network Foundation model.

Attachments
Comments
Hussam_AlJabri
Occasional Contributor III

this is important document to be added in the ArcGIS solution EUNF folder along with the data dictionary and other files.

thanks John, it was great discussions in UC23 about the standards you followed while developing the EUNF.

MikeGoggin
New Contributor II

Thank you John appreciate the effort behind this.

Hussam_AlJabri
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @JohnAlsup , 

I am wondering which standards the solution approached for symbologies of the electric assets. Is it IEC? If yes, where I can find the docs mentioned that?

JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

Here is a link or the IEC ElectroTechnical vocabulary site: IEC 60050 - International Electrotechnical Vocabulary - Welcome (electropedia.org)

Here is a link to NEMA's standards for Electric Power Standards (nema.org)

As for symbology, or symbology is loosely based on IEC Standards.  The  IEC Standards are not all that great for cartography, so we took some liberties. 

MohsenKamal
New Contributor

Thank you, I appreciate the effort behind this.

Version history
Last update:
‎07-25-2023 03:02 AM
Updated by:
Contributors