Select to view content in your preferred language

Zoning Boundary Not Displayed

a month ago
OghenemaroAustin-Igbuku
New Contributor II

I added the zoning boundaries for my model successfully through the system of record, but I can't see the zoning boundaries on the map no matter what I do. What should I do to display the zoning boundaries?

Also, how can I make sure that they are displayed with their respective zoning types?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Till_Schmid
Esri Contributor

Hi @OghenemaroAustin-Igbuku 

Thank you for your questions. See my answers below.

I added the zoning boundaries for my model successfully through the system of record, but I can't see the zoning boundaries on the map no matter what I do. What should I do to display the zoning boundaries?

Urban does not visualize the zoning boundaries in the overview map. Zoning boundaries are only visualized in the plan editor, after you created a plan.

However, you can explore the zoning regulation (including the zoning type) of a parcel in the overview. To to that, open the overview map, zoom in until the parcels are visualized, and then select a parcel to explore its zoning regulation.

Also, how can I make sure that they are displayed with their respective zoning types?

The zoning boundaries are matched to the respecting zoning types when importing the boundaries. On upload, ensure that the data in the Zoning type field of the zoning boundaries refers to the custom ID of the zoning types. You can learn more about this in our documentation.

Let me know if you have more questions!

Thanks, Till

OghenemaroAustin-Igbuku
New Contributor II

Hi @Till_Schmid,

Thanks for the advice I can now see the zoning in the new plan that I created though the details such as the Description, NumFloorsMax, HeightMax, FARMax, and other appearance/parameter information do not appear. 

I imported the zoning boundaries from a feature layer that uses open map data. How can I make sure that these details are included when uploading the zoning boundaries?

0 Kudos
Till_Schmid
Esri Contributor

I imported the zoning boundaries from a feature layer that uses open map data. How can I make sure that these details are included when uploading the zoning boundaries?

ArcGIS Urban currently only supports showing the built-in zoning attributes (such as  Max Height or Max FAR, etc.). Other data/attributes cannot be imported into Urban.

However, if you would like to show additional information in your zoning layer in Urban, you could consider adding the open map data layer as a context layer to Urban. See Add context layers in our documentation to learn more. In the web scene, you can configure pop-ups that will be shown in Urban if you are in the Details mode (the (i) button in the header).

Does this answer your question?

0 Kudos
OghenemaroAustin-Igbuku
New Contributor II

Sorry for the delayed response and thank you for sharing this with me, it does partially address another issue I was having with displaying information from layers in ArcGIS. Is there a way for me to run analyses like queries or site suitability analyses with the information on context layers?

Also, how can I make sure that the built-in zoning attributes are captured and displayed appropriately when I upload them from a feature layer? I tried to create another urban model and it required some sort of "zone type ID" and other information that I didn't need to use initially. Below is a snip of what happens when I try to upload zoning from a feature layer now:

OghenemaroAustinIgbuku_0-1718645890575.png

0 Kudos
Till_Schmid
Esri Contributor

Thanks for your additional questions. Let me try to answer them below:

Is there a way for me to run analyses like queries or site suitability analyses with the information on context layers?

Yes, it is possible to run suitability analysis on external layers. You can learn more about this in our documentation.

Also, how can I make sure that the built-in zoning attributes are captured and displayed appropriately when I upload them from a feature layer? I tried to create another urban model and it required some sort of "zone type ID" and other information that I didn't need to use initially.

Is it correct, that you are importing zoning from a feature layer symbology when you create a new Urban model? In this case, you need to make sure that all zoning boundaries (polygons) in your data are symbolized (colored) according to a common ZoneTypeID. Could it be, that this is missing for some of the polygons in your case? Feel free to write me a private message, I am happy to have a look at your data to see what's wrong.

As an alternative, you can consider creating the Urban model without any zoning first, and adding zoning later in the data manager. Learn more in our documentation about the options.

Thanks,

Till

0 Kudos
OghenemaroAustin-Igbuku
New Contributor II

Thank you so much for your detailed explanations. I will make sure to explore the documentation page for the site suitability analysis and adding zoning data at different stages.

Thanks again, I've sent you a DM to follow up on this.

0 Kudos