Existing buildings layers for schematic visualization & satellite visualization do not appear in Urban model

Jump to solution
07-19-2021 08:38 AM
AugustNastasi
New Contributor III

Hello.  I have recently altered my Urban model by attempting to upload a new hosted .slpk as my existing buildings layers for schematic visualization & satellite visualization, yet after assigning the .slpk it will not appear in Urban (this .slpk is accessible for all members of my organization.) 

Here is a screenshot of where my .slpk should be generated. 

UrbanSnip.png

When I open this hosted .slpk in Scene Viewer and ArcGIS Pro the .slpk is able to displays with no problems, however each platform displays a different error message that may indicate as to what is causing this problem in Urban.  

Scene Viewer: Basemap was changed.png

ArcGIS Pro: (The .slpk generated after this screenshot was taken) 

MissingStatisticalInformation.png

If anyone has had experience with a similar error, please let me know!

Thanks 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AugustNastasi
New Contributor III

Ends up I resolved this issue by creating a new Urban model and my existing buildings layer was suddenly able to load in this model.  I'm unsure why this is the case. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DominikAllemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @AugustNastasi ,

Please make sure that your existing buildings layers are in the web Mercator (auxiliary sphere) coordinate system (EPSG code 3857). This is the coordinate system that is being used in your urban model. 

Looking at the 2nd screenshot you've shared (the one showing your existing buildings in the scene viewer), it looks as if your data might not yet be in the web Mercator coordinate system. 

In case you are having the raw data of your existing buildings at hand (i.e. not the slpk), I'd suggest loading the data into a global scene in ArcGIS Pro and re-publish it again from there (see attached screenshot). 

DominikAllemann_0-1626783026664.png

Thanks,
Dominik

AugustNastasi
New Contributor III

Thanks for that Dominik.  While my existing buildings layer now appears in my Urban model briefly, it then disappears.  Could this possibly have to do with upgrading my data due to todays Urban update? I was having trouble with that as well. 

ExistingBuildingError.gif.gif

CannotUpgrade.PNG

0 Kudos
DominikAllemann
Esri Contributor

HI @AugustNastasi 

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues with your existing buildings layer. 

I quickly tried to replicate the issue on our end with your buildings layer and wasn't able to reproduce it.
Can you maybe double-check that the Urban is properly configured?
1) Open the data manager by clicking the cogwheel icon in the top right corner of the view

DominikAllemann_1-1626883192943.png

2) Check the "Existing buildings layer for schematic visualization" section in the "Settings" tab of the data manager

DominikAllemann_2-1626883248213.png

0 Kudos
AugustNastasi
New Contributor III

Ends up I resolved this issue by creating a new Urban model and my existing buildings layer was suddenly able to load in this model.  I'm unsure why this is the case. 

0 Kudos