Select to view content in your preferred language

Train a model to identify street signs

05-26-2022 06:27 AM
Heena1
by
New Contributor III

Hello,
I was able to complete the training a model and now trying to test the model. I've downloaded the survey and tried to collect signs. When I press smart camera icon over the sign, it doesn't display any image. I have tried with Android phone, iPad, and windows. They both behave the same way. Can you point out what am I doing wrong? See attached image. I also made sure that camera access is on. The smart camera behavior works when using Survey Connect.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BobBooth1
Esri Contributor

There seems to be a problem with the the learn module in the Python API; they are expecting it to be resolved in the next release.

For more support on this issue, I recommend that you join and post your question in the Survey123 Early Adopters Community forum:

https://earlyadopter.esri.com/project/home.html?cap=e69ef91f45744b98882c651f7b518eb7

Best,

Bob

0 Kudos
Heena1
by
New Contributor III

Thank you for responding Bob. Yes, I have joined and posted in earlyadopter page as well. Nobody responded.

Do you know when the next release is going to be released?

Thank yuo,

Heena

0 Kudos
BobBooth1
Esri Contributor

Heena,

You might try upgrading the version of the Python API in the notebook to 2.0.0 (use the same procedure as in the current notebook for upgrading but specify 2.0.0 as the version number)  and training the model. If that doesn't solve the problem, the next version of the API (2.0.1) should be released soon.

Best,

Bob

Heena1
by
New Contributor III

Hi Bob,

I am using Notebook in ArcGIS Online. Where can I change to Python API 2.0.1?

Heena1_0-1654027971275.png

Thank you,

Heena

0 Kudos
Heena1
by
New Contributor III

There is new beta version of app 3.15.158 available as of yesterday. I have checked out. It works with the smart camera behavior. One bug I have found so far is that stop sign images are identified as Speed Sign. I have taken 4 stop signs and they were identified as Speed sign. I am going to test out more. 

Heena1_1-1654032531671.png

Thank you for your responses! 

Heena

0 Kudos
BobBooth1
Esri Contributor

Heena,

You can upgrade the version of arcgis (the ArcGIS API for Python) in the second cell of the notebook.

Where it says:

pip install arcgis==1.8.4

change the version number from 1.8.4 to 2.0.0

change_arcgis_python_API_version.png

After the 2.0.1 version is released, you can use the same procedure to upgrade to it.

Best,

Bob

0 Kudos