MouseWheel Zoom to Defined Scales

06-02-2020 12:53 PM
MikeHamilton1
New Contributor

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.5. I have defined set scale points from 1:400, doubling each step to 1:1,600,000 to drive visualization of layers and symbology. 

I cannot figure out how to make the scroll wheel, the map, or the "Fixed zoom in/out" tool follow the scale steps I have defined. I have not found anything on ESRI's sites or The Google, or some community help groups.

I can set the map to open at a specific scale, but none of the tools or scroll wheel follows the defined scale steps.

Any thoughts?

3 Replies
KarenZwicker
Esri Contributor

Hello Mike, 
We have this in active development and have plans to include it in a future release. 

0 Kudos
LeonS
by
Occasional Contributor III

I would also like to see some improvements with the zoom using the mouse scroll.  Unless I am very careful with my mouse scroll, I end up zooming in far too close or out much too far.  It's too difficult to use. 

I was looking for a setting that I could set to adjust the zoom factor for the mouse scroll, but I didn't see it in version 2.6.3.  Any idea how far down the road it is until we might see this improved functionality released?

AdamGaudet
New Contributor III

Jumping on this thread as it's something I've been wanting since making the switch to ArcPro. QGIS has a default mouse wheel scroll ratio of 2 (which I find to be the natural sweet spot) where one reverse turn of the mouse wheel doubles the scale of the map window, as well as being instantaneous (no transition zoom animations, which I find absolutely unnecessary and a grind on productivity - I want to zip around a map from place to place and scale to scale and not be constrained and wait for a fixed half second zoom animation fixed to complete) similar to ArcMap. I cannot understand for the life of me why Esri did not incorporate similar functionality for ArcPro (or updated it in subsequent releases), or at the very least give the user the ability to adjust these settings like you can in other mapping software programs. Seems like a very simple fix and a huge oversight on Esri's part.

0 Kudos