Select to view content in your preferred language

Map widget not working in Jupyter notebook

Jump to solution
11-19-2020 04:11 PM
DianeDenker
New Contributor II

Hi jupyter notebook doesn't display map widget. Can someone please help?

DianeDenker_0-1605831132409.pngDianeDenker_1-1605831192688.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DianeDenker
New Contributor II

Hi So it appears to be working now. It only works for me in the cloned environment. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

your active environment is the base environment (see your image and the * beside the active environment)

You also have a clone.

Did you install the arcgis module in the base environment or the clone?  If it was the latter, then you probably have to activate that environment.  If you have full admin privileges to your computer you can also install arcgis in the base environment.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DianeDenker
New Contributor II

I installed the arcgis module in the base environment. Here's my command prompt :

DianeDenker_0-1605838876007.png

0 Kudos
DianeDenker
New Contributor II

I have tried running jupyter in two different computers. One of the computers is my work computer which I don't have admin rights, and the other computer is my personal computer. I have ran into this issue on both computers. 

I have also installed miniconda and tried to run the arcgis module through there and ran into the same issue of the map not displaying. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I use a shortcut on the desktop

Target Location : arcgispro-py3

Target:

C:\arc_pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\pythonw.exe "C:\arc_pro\bin\python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Scripts\jupyter-lab-script.py"

Start in:

C:\Arc_projects\JupyterNoteBooks

Where arc_pro is my arcgis pro installation folder and the Start in folder is where I keep my notebooks.

Try running the jupyter-lab-script.py file as shown above if you don't want to create a shortcut.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DianeDenker
New Contributor II

Hi So it appears to be working now. It only works for me in the cloned environment. 

0 Kudos