Working with existing feature service. Some question types prepopulate and some don't

10-12-2017 08:55 PM
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

I'm following a pattern described in this post about working with existing feature services. I have one feature service with 35 fields and two surveys. The first survey populates up to 30 questions. The second survey is a copy of the first survey with most of the questions deleted except for about 5 from the first survey and an additional 5. The second survey's inbox has a query set to only pull down surveys where a certain question from the first survey = yes. This is working. 

In the second survey I can see the answers to a select multiple question and a select one question (that I have set to read only) answered in the first survey. However, I can't see the values from a note or a text question that was answered in the first survey.

Also, the second survey has its own datetime question and it is not auto populating when the form opens. If I open this form without pulling down an existing survey then the datetime question populates.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MikeOnzay

Update: I created  a new survey from the existing survey and have been making incremental changes. I kept all of the fields. I'm still seeing that text fields don't pre-populate but select questions do. My purpose here is that I want the second survey to show submitted values but not allow them to be edited.

fields set to read only

Result:

fields set to read only results

The first row is a text field and here I've toggled off read only. The 2nd text field in the 4th row is still read only.

field set to not read only

The value for the corrected meter number appears.

text only field with not read only results

0 Kudos
MikeOnzay

Update 2: I'm finding that I can pull down an previously submitted datetime value but the form is not auto populating a 2nd datetime field I have in the service when the 2nd form is opened.

2nd time datetime set to now

prepopulated datetime read only

new datetime calculated with now()

2nd datetime does not auto populate

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mike,

Currently, read_only fields and notes don't get populated by the inbox.  We will be addressing that in a future release of Survey123.

0 Kudos
MikeOnzay

Notes are working for me.

Good to know about read_only

0 Kudos