Workflows / Approvals

11-08-2018 09:32 AM
LeighDurland
New Contributor III

scenario is a 123 form is filled out and submitted. notification is sent to next person in line to approve. which means they will be updating the original form data. question is what is possible or not possible and is there any workarounds if not possible? would also like the report auto submitted to a sharepoint site but if i read comments correctly that is not yet possible. 

thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Leigh,

Using the Inbox and a well designed survey with the appropriate questions, queries and mechanisms in the survey (via select_one questions) to track changes, you can achieve the workflow you are after which enables the survey to be submitted and then reviewed by a supervisor and then updated and submitted again as approved. We have seen many customers deploy such a survey successfully. Note that editing of attachments (images, signatures, audio) is not supported via the Inbox, although new attachments can be added to a repeat via the Inbox.

It is also possible to create notifications and report information to SharePoint using Webhooks. More information can be found here: Webhooks—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  and https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/07/19/automating-workflows-with-survey123-and-... 

Hope this helps.

Phil.

0 Kudos
LeighDurland
New Contributor III

Thanks Phillip,

I will try and wrap my head around it and do some reading on the inbox capabilities. 

0 Kudos
newwollyka
New Contributor III

Sorry for being a Thread Necromancer, @Anonymous User you mention using select_one questions to track changes. I have posted a thread here Tracking edited responses - Esri Community I want to know which fields where edited in the inbox? is that doable?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable