Select to view content in your preferred language

Workflow for Survey123 FS to Geodatabase Feature Class

Jump to solution
12-11-2023 12:13 PM
PatrickMcKinney99
Occasional Contributor

Our organization will be utilizing Survey123 and ArcGIS Enterprise to replace a current surveying solution.  Esri recommended a workflow where users create a "draft" survey using Web Designer.  Then, the schema (possibly feature service) would be exported.  The export would be used to create a feature class in our enterprise SQL database.  We would then publish a feature service from the SQL database.  This web service would be used to create the survey that collects data.  In essence, responses would land in SQL instead of the PostGres "datastore."

However, Esri did not provide documentation on how to implement this recommended practice. I was wondering if anyone has experience?  

In looking at the hosted feature service and export (file geodatabase format), the following questions arise:

• do I need to enable globalids on the feature class?
  • do I need to enable archiving on the feature class?
  • do I import the downloaded attachment table relationship class? Or create new ones after creating the feature class?

Thanks for any help you are able to provide.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

My post here will cover some of this.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/mapping-with-survey123-within-a-polygon-or-... 

When you download the GDB most of the issues you listed should all be setup already. But it does not hurt to, Enable GlobalIds, Enable editor tracking.  When you publish the service make sure sync, update, etc all checked.  Make sure the _ATTACH tables are in the service you published.  Use the Submission URL in the form to point the form to the new spot you published.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

My post here will cover some of this.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/mapping-with-survey123-within-a-polygon-or-... 

When you download the GDB most of the issues you listed should all be setup already. But it does not hurt to, Enable GlobalIds, Enable editor tracking.  When you publish the service make sure sync, update, etc all checked.  Make sure the _ATTACH tables are in the service you published.  Use the Submission URL in the form to point the form to the new spot you published.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos