Why is the feature service not compatible with my survey?

10-11-2018 12:09 PM
SarahLinn1
New Contributor III

I am attempting to publish a survey with a relationship class but I am receiving the following error:

The custom feature service submission url is not compatible with this survey (Fields not found in the feature service:2)

Any ideas why?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sarah,

The error indicates that there are 2 questions that appear on the form that are not present in the feature service.  Did you add any questions, including notes, to the survey?  If a note has a value in the name column, it counts as a field.    You can either remove the name value or set the bind::esri:fieldType column to null for these questions.

0 Kudos
SarahLinn1
New Contributor III

There were some fields that I wanted hidden and the geopoint field was one of them.

I didn't realize that you can't (at least in the way I did it) make a geopoint question hidden.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like the only fields that can be hidden are text fields?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sarah

To make the geopoint question hidden, remove it from the XLS file - the mobile app will record in the background.  By default hidden fields are text fields; this can be changed by explicitly setting the field type in the bind::esri:fieldType column.

LindsaySpencer
New Contributor III

This is happening to me when I try to publish my survey from a feature class. The survey is actually linking to the related table, not directly to the first service layer. I have enabled attachments on it and I'm trying to add multiple images so inspections can have more than 1 photo, but every time I do this, I have to create a new name field for the new image. I believe this is the reason why the service is not matching to the survey. But, I cannot have multiple identical field names for the images so, how do you get around this one? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!

0 Kudos