Select to view content in your preferred language

When a Report is sent via Make.com a copy of the report is NOT saved in ArcGIS Online

05-15-2024 05:51 AM
PanGIS
by
Regular Contributor

Hello!

A customer wants to have access to all the reports printed in a storage location.

In our case, the report creation is triggered by make.com and sent via email.

Unlike make.com, when I create a report in the Survey web page I get a copy of the report downloaded and one saved in AGOL.

Since the customer wants to store them in a folder and for some licensing issues seems to be difficult to access a OneDrive or other storage locations, I wanted to enable them to consult the report in ArcGIs Online.

Is there a way to have the Report saved in a Folder in AGOl at the time of creation?

It seems to be expensive to have to reprint from Survey123 web.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When you request the report from the S123 site, the following parameter is included.

"uploadInfo": '{"type":"arcgis","parameters":{"folderId":""},"conflictBehavior":"rename"}'

If you peek under the hood at your Make flow, you can see that that parameter is not included.

jcarlson_0-1715781480939.png

It's not even in the advanced settings, unfortunately. But you can still do it! Add an HTTP - make a request step to your flow, and send a POST to your portal using the addItem endpoint documented here: https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/users-groups-and-items/add-item.htm

Paired with Make's HTTP - get a file step, you can easily pull the report generated and pass it through to the portal, or even email a copy to yourself.

We often do this, but rather than upload the PDF to the portal, we attach the PDF to the feature that the report was generated from.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
PanGIS
by
Regular Contributor

Fingers crossed, this weekend I will have time to test it.
Thanks as always Josh.

0 Kudos