Select to view content in your preferred language

Questions showing up on every page instead of only on first page of survey

Jump to solution
05-31-2024 06:13 AM
SarahKendell
Occasional Contributor

I am designing a survey where the first page is several groups of questions. I did it this way to be able to change the background color to provide visual contrast for the user. However, now that I have the first page set up, those questions are showing up on every page of the survey instead of only on the first page. What is the best way to format this so it appears correctly? I have tried grouping all of the groups together and using the field-list appearance, but then all of my set column widths are not honored. 

I've attached a copy of my spreadsheet for reference. 

SarahKendell_0-1717161230228.png

SarahKendell_1-1717161349335.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SarahKendell
Occasional Contributor

I got it figured out, but I will leave this post up in case someone else runs into the same issue. Using some past advice from this post, I was able to assign a column assignment to every subgroup within the main group. Using field-list appearance for my main group and a span of 6, then assigning each subgroup the same span using a colon. Where I had gone wrong before, was using the colon on every row instead of only the begin group row. Then all questions within that subgroup can use the span without a colon. 

SarahKendell_0-1717161954205.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SarahKendell
Occasional Contributor

I got it figured out, but I will leave this post up in case someone else runs into the same issue. Using some past advice from this post, I was able to assign a column assignment to every subgroup within the main group. Using field-list appearance for my main group and a span of 6, then assigning each subgroup the same span using a colon. Where I had gone wrong before, was using the colon on every row instead of only the begin group row. Then all questions within that subgroup can use the span without a colon. 

SarahKendell_0-1717161954205.png

0 Kudos