Select to view content in your preferred language

Webhooks & Enterprise: Accessing Surveys Shared With User

10-23-2023 03:43 PM
DavidSolari
Occasional Contributor III

For context: we're hosting all of our data in our Enterprise (10.9.1) and using Survey123 thorough the usual website with our portal URL glued on.

We've tried to use webhook with Power Automate using the documented method and everything seems to work well, but only if the registered user owns every single survey. This is untenable for us as the team feeding off the webhooks is separate from the team managing the surveys, which means they need a separate account.

My question is: is there a way for Power Automate to pull every survey that's shared to the registered user, not just the ones it owns? We might be able to hack around things by hosting a custom swagger file but I'm not even sure if processing surveys that are just shared to a user is allowed. More info on what we can do here is greatly appreciated!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Short answer is "no".

A slightly longer answer is "have you tried the shared with me option"? Everything should be published via a Service Account. Following that, your items can then be shared with others. Essentially, you would have multiple S123 developers that all feed into a single publisher. That publisher then shares items in PA with multiple PA developers (if desired).

Again, I will reiterate that I highly recommend setting up a service account for publishing in Power Automate. While I don't know your business case (and you may have a good one for separate publishers), using a service account will save your 'bottom' down the line more often than not.

Also something to consider, but making a flow for S123, even a very complex one, isn't that labour intensive, so multiple Power Automate devs seems like a waste, IMO.

0 Kudos
DavidSolari
Occasional Contributor III

To keep things simple: we can't give the Power Automate users the ability to alter the surveys in any way, their only ability should be to pull completed surveys through the webhook. Unless there's a way to get that working I'll have to take this to the Idea Zone. Thanks for the clarification.

0 Kudos