Select to view content in your preferred language

Webhook problems

Jump to solution
07-17-2018 02:38 PM
KenMorefield
Occasional Contributor

I'm experimenting with setting up webhooks in both Integromat and Microsoft Flow.  I'm new to webhooks, so I could easily be doing something wrong... The workflow that I'm trying to implement is to send an email on survey submission.  I can't seem to get the Microsoft Flow webhook to work at all.  I'm using the Office 365 Outlook Connector and utilizing my work email.  It seems simple enough.  When I test it out, I get no results.

With Integromat, I'm using "Webhooks" and "Office 365 Email".  It works great when I submit the survey through the web interface, but does not work if I submit the survey through the Survey123 app on my iPad.  Why would it not work when submitting through the iPad?

I would also be interested to know more about how to attach 1 or more attachments (photos captured in a repeat within a survey) within an email using Integromat, Microsoft Flow, etc.

James Tedrick Ismael Chivite - There was mention at the Conference that there would be some tutorial writeups on webhooks coming out soon.  I sure can't wait to see them!   

22 Replies
MitchellOttesen1
New Contributor III

Has anyone had success testing with Webhook.site ?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mitchell,

There seem to be a few issues with the webhook.site working with Survey123. One of those is CORS support - see Having issues with the preflight OPTIONS request · Issue #26 · fredsted/webhook.site · GitHub 

StrathconaBTS
New Contributor III

We have inconsistent webhook behaviour in our surveys both on the web form and the mobile app. It turns out the webhook is fired directly from the app and web browser, NOT portal/arcgis.com once the data is received. This is an unfortunate implementation as it is highly susceptible to whatever the firewall settings are for the network the submitting user is on. If the network blocks access to integromat.com (possibly make.com too) then the webhook will time out and never fire. We are currently solving this issue at our company as we have issues at most of our offices.

0 Kudos