Select to view content in your preferred language

Web Form submission summary displaying as escaped HTML

Jump to solution
10-27-2022 03:24 AM
PeterMadirazza
New Contributor

We have a survey that we get staff to complete online. This is what appears on completing the survey. It has only just started happening.

PeterMadirazza_0-1666866004516.png

As you can see amongst the escape chars, it says "Your response was submitted successfully" but it isn't a good look.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @PeterMadirazza ,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for the inconvenience. We are going to fix the issue, before the fix is available on production, you can fix the issue by editing the thank you screen content and republishing the survey in the website.

Ruth_JiatengXu_1-1667293243599.png

I will reply to this post once the issue has been fixed.

Thanks,

Ruth

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @PeterMadirazza ,

Can you please help us understand how this issue happens with the following information?

• Is your survey published from Survey123 Connect or from the Survey123 website?
  • If it is Survey123 Connect, would you mind sharing the XLSForm file? If it is the website, can you please share some steps that can reproduce the issue?
0 Kudos
PeterMadirazza
New Contributor

Hi @ZhifangWang ,

Thanks for your reply. It is published with Connect and a copy is attached. We have been incrementally developing this survey but there hasn't been much change lately. I have been trying to think what change might have caused it but there has really only been cosmetic changes.

Cheers Peter

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @PeterMadirazza ,

I am wondering have you republish the survey using the latest 3.16 Connect? You can check the form version in the developer tools (press F12 to open) -> console -> survey published.

I guess this survey was published in connect, then republished in website, then republished again in the latest Connect. If yes, then the cause of the issue is that we improved the mechanism of encoding/decoding in 3.16 to ensure some encoded content will not be decoded accidentally.

If this is the case, republish your survey in the website will fix the issue. You can save your current form as a new form to test the solution I mentioned. Then, republished your current form if the solution I mentioned can work without issue.

If you haven't republished your survey using the latest 3.16 Connect, could you please let me know the publishing version and the rendering version of your survey? The .info file inside your survey folder would be really helpful. I can then help you investigate further.

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos
PeterMadirazza
New Contributor

Hi @Ruth_JiatengXu ,

We are sorting out an issue with our portal just at the moment so I can't do a test to republish the survey using 3.16 but as soon as I can, I will report back.

Cheers,

Peter

0 Kudos
PeterMadirazza
New Contributor

Hi @Ruth_JiatengXu ,

This form was published initially in 3.15 and now republished in 3.16. When I look at the console properties of the form, the survey is published in 3.16 and final render is 3.16

PeterMadirazza_0-1667248759578.png

Republishing the website in 3.16 hasn't made any difference unfortunately.

Cheers,

Peter

PS. I have attached a copy of the .info file

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @PeterMadirazza ,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for the inconvenience. We are going to fix the issue, before the fix is available on production, you can fix the issue by editing the thank you screen content and republishing the survey in the website.

Ruth_JiatengXu_1-1667293243599.png

I will reply to this post once the issue has been fixed.

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos
PeterMadirazza
New Contributor

Hi @Ruth_JiatengXu ,

Thanks for the notes. I was able to fix the thank you screen and republish.

Cheers,

Peter

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @PeterMadirazza

The issue mentioned in this post has been fixed.

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos