Select to view content in your preferred language

Web browser survey submit button trigger a script (without Webhooks)

Jump to solution
11-16-2022 07:32 AM
MelissaGearman
Occasional Contributor

I am wondering if there is a way to trigger a script to run after a survey has been submitted (using the submit click as a trigger for the script) without using Webhooks. I have created a Survey123 Connect survey which will be accessed on a web page (not the app). I've used Power Automate in the past but have had issues with it and we need this script to run often and reliably so we are doing away with Power Automate (and any other web hook options out there) and hoping to work directly with the survey. Is this even possible? If so, how? In my research I've only come across web hook solutions so I'm not even sure if what I am asking is doable.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @MelissaGearman  One option you have is to use the Survey123 Web App JavaScript API. You can trigger actions when a value is changed in a question or when the survey is submitted. More details in the API Reference documentation.  This option requires custom code.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @MelissaGearman  One option you have is to use the Survey123 Web App JavaScript API. You can trigger actions when a value is changed in a question or when the survey is submitted. More details in the API Reference documentation.  This option requires custom code.