Values not pulling through from a URL in survey123

Jump to solution
07-18-2023 02:03 AM
EdHixson
New Contributor III

Hi there

Im autofilling values from a feature layer into a survey 123 form with the URL below

EdHixson_0-1689670779989.png

Within this URL there is 3 autofilling values, the URL is access through a configured pop up within AGOL. The Project_Code value is pulling through and autofilling within the survey but for some reason the swabid and assetid are not automatically pulling through. 

Both of them are autofilling a required text box/

I cannot figure out why the project code is pulling through but the rest isnt, is there something silly im missing?

EdHixson_1-1689670939338.png

EdHixson_2-1689670949744.png

I have check as well and his is not a visual issue as when the field are required I cannot submit the form

All the best

-Ed

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EdHixson
New Contributor III

Hi there

I have figured it out myself. It is because I was trying to pull the information into a repeat, that is why it would not autofill

Cheers

-Ed

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @EdHixson 

I was able to get parameters to pass through to a test survey almost identical to yours. I can see a few differences in the urls. Mine is listed below:

Hope this helps

EdHixson
New Contributor III

Hi Richard

I did the reccomended change and produced this URL

https://survey123.arcgis.app/?itemID=925c40de679f45b6ba028c843be90eda?field:project_code={Project_Code_Enter}&field:swabid={Swabid_Enter}&field:assetid={Assetid_Enter}

Doing this created a new error where it would download and unpack the form on repeat without ever opening it. So for the time being have switch back to the ? being a & which still leave Swab and Asset empty

Is there anything else I missed in the URL that you want me to try

Thank you for the help so far!

-Ed

0 Kudos
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @EdHixson

For launching in the field app the url should be in this format:

•  arcgis-survey123://?itemID=<SURVEY_ID>&field:project_code=test1&field:swabid=test1&field:assetid=test1

For the web app it should be in this format:

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
EdHixson
New Contributor III

Hi Richard

The link you reccomended didnt work when copying it in and updating it for accessing field based, it took me to a page where a web site coiuld not be found. I have gone back to my old working link below. Using .app seems to be the way to go when it comes to getting a mobile form to open froma URL.

I still have the issue with values not being pulled from fieldmaps/map viwer into a survey123 form

EdHixson_2-1689686558102.pngEdHixson_3-1689686580649.png

With this link

https://survey123.arcgis.app/?itemID=925c40de679f45b6ba028c843be90eda&field:project_code=SEW-12085&f...

Thanks

-Ed

0 Kudos
EdHixson
New Contributor III

Hi there

I have figured it out myself. It is because I was trying to pull the information into a repeat, that is why it would not autofill

Cheers

-Ed

0 Kudos