Select to view content in your preferred language

Using repeats

02-19-2016 02:04 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Just a quick question about using repeats; is there a way to have a repeat instance started and then have another repeat instance start prior to the first repeat instance ending. Kind of like having a nested repeat within a repeat?

It would be similar to having a Feature Class with a related table #1 that has a related table #2 for further information on related table #1.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike

Tags (3)
3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi,

technically, you can have nested repeats. Nested repeats in your Survey translate into nested related tables or layers in the Feature Service.  Repeats, and nested repeats in particular, are not completely implemented yet in Survey123 for ArcGIS, so you will need to explore what works for now. Here are some glitches that you will find:

- Relevant expressions, calculations and required questions within a repeat are ignored.

- The Map Viewer (ArcGIS.com and Portal) has difficulties showing nested related tables. ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap are probably the best tools to navigate nested related tables.

Completing the implementation of repeats and nested repeats is in our road map, but at the moment you should be aware of the limitations. You will need some trial and error for now.

Addressing the issues above is in our backlog but we have not set a clear delivery date just yet. Stay tuned.

Ismael

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ismael,

Thank you for the reply and I was hoping nested repeats was an option and that I was doing something incorrect on the programming side. I will keep this in mind moving forward and for now back to the drawing board for this survey.

Thank you,

Mike

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ismael,

I was wondering if this was resolved yet or not? The effect that I am hoping to achieve would be having a table that is related to the feature class of the survey point that then in turn has a table related to it.

SurveyPoint_FC relationship to Table 1 with a related table 1A; while table 1 has attachments/photos enabled.A

Any information would be appreciated and I'm excited to see what Survey123 V.2 will enable.

MIke