Using pull data to looking up closest point

Jump to solution
05-25-2017 07:47 AM
StuartMoore
Occasional Contributor III

Has anyone tried using the pull data to identify the closest point of another dataset to the geopoint and retrieve a value something like the near toolbox function in arcmap.

It's a bit like using the pulldata function and a calculation in one go that takes the current location of the geopoint and calculates the distance to a list of points within a csv file and then returns their site name

thanks

Stu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Stuart,

The pulldata function is an attribute only function.  We have a set of enhancements we are considering to perform spatial-type searches; I'll add the 'nearest point' case to it (it's mostly been proposed as point in poly).

View solution in original post

12 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Stuart,

The pulldata function is an attribute only function.  We have a set of enhancements we are considering to perform spatial-type searches; I'll add the 'nearest point' case to it (it's mostly been proposed as point in poly).

AlisonFischer
New Contributor II

Hi,

Adding the nearest point function would be useful for my workflow too.  Any idea as to when this might be available, even in the beta version?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Alison,

A form of this is available now using the in-beta custom JavaScript functions.  Please check the Early Adopter Community for more information.

0 Kudos
JulienCHARBONNAUD
New Contributor III
Hello James Have you made progress with regard to this subject to find in a list the GPS position closest to the measurement point? Thank you A + J
chaims
by
New Contributor II

Hello @JamesTedrick , is there an example for a "closest point" (or line)? I've seen only examples of an intersecting polygon and was trying to figure it out for points and lines as well. Thank you...

YuliaMamonova
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, have you figured this out? Please let me know, I'm struggling with the same thing

0 Kudos
PeterMacKenzie2
Occasional Contributor II

Yes, a nearest feature example using a Javascript pulldata function would be awesome to see. 

ChaimSchwartzIroads
New Contributor III

This looks really great, if I ever have the need again and implement it I promise to post. Thank you for sharing the example!!

0 Kudos